SIDNEY, Ohio -- Search warrants obtained in connection with an investigation into the manufacture of methamphetamine by the Sidney Police Department were served at 531 and 712 South Miami Avenue in Sidney Tuesday morning.
Both locations were entered simultaneously by members of the Sidney Piqua Shelby County TRT team. All occupants were secured and removed without incident and the locations were secured.
During this initial activity six individuals were placed under arrest. Arrested at 531 South Miami was Stewart Hoover. Arrested at 712 South Miami was Russell Whited, Andrea Whited, John Shoe, Cindy Douglas, and Jason Kessler. Not all charges were confirmed however they will include illegal manufacture of drugs, possession of drugs, possession of criminal tools, child endangerment and others.
Once both locations were secured the clandestine lab team dismantled the remnants of meth labs at both locations. This team of specifically trained officers is a BCI coordinated team that included members from Sidney PD, Riverside PD, Eaton PD, and Sheriffs Departments from Miami and Champagne Counties.
This type of operation requires extreme caution and all safety precautions were taken. Members of the Sidney Fire Department provided crews at both locations in the event of a fire or injury. Residents of adjacent structures were asked to leave their residents during the event and after being informed of the circumstances were extremely cooperative. No injuries occurred and at this time both structures have been posted as condemned pending further inspection.
"This incident was extremely demanding to officers and first responders due to the weather condition and increased risk due to potentially dangerous factors associated with clandestine labs. After a very long day I will say that the operation was successful and we will continue in our effort to combat drug offenses in our community," said Sidney Police Chief Kevin Gessler, Sr.
- NORTON, Ohio -- A Norton High School math teacher and tennis and basketball coach was accused Wednesday in Medina Cou...
- SIDNEY, Ohio -- Search warrants obtained in connection with an investigation into the manufacture of methamphetamine ...
- HARRISON, Ohio - A White Oak man is facing allegations that he slipped from police while being taken into custody Sun...
- In the 1970's Ecstasy was actually given to psychotherapy patients, but in 1986 this practiced was stopped when animal studies showed that Ecstasy use caused brain damage.
- Individuals who use PCP generally report an out-of-body experience where they feel detached from reality, or ones consciousness is disconnected from reality.
- Over one million adolescents each year are confirmed as victims of child abuse and neglect by state child protective service agencies. State welfare records indicate that alcohol and drug abuse is one of the top two problems exhibited by families in 81% of the reported cases.
- Methamphetamine use is associated with increased numbers of HIV infections in some populations.